5 Thanksgiving Vegetarian Entrees
Looking for 5 Thanksgiving vegetarian entrees? Serve these vegetarian entrees next Thanksgiving to keep everyone at your dinner table happy and satisfied. No need to worry about vegetarians enjoying Thanksgiving anymore!
- Pumpkin risotto. Pumpkin is a wonderful Thanksgiving ingredient to add to a risotto entree. Using vegetable broth to cook the risotto keeps the entree vegetarian. Add in savory flavors, such as onion and fall herbs like basil and rosemary, and no one will miss the turkey not at your table.
- Cranberry wild rice. Using wild rice as a vegetarian entree at Thanksgiving gives the host tons of room to play. Adding some citrus flavors, such as orange, makes the wild rice more exciting. To make the entree more hearty, toss in some mushrooms and you will have a tasty vegetarian entree.
- Pumpkin ravioli. Once fall arrives, pumpkin ravioli is a hit on seasonal menus at restaurants all over the country. Duplicate this tasty dish at home for your vegetarian Thanksgiving by buying pre-made ravioli shells and stuffing them with a savory pumpkin puree seasoned with rosemary. The fragrance of this entree alone will make the dish a recurring favorite every Thanksgiving.
- Herbed spaghetti squash pasta. Really show your vegetarian cooking skills by cleverly using spaghetti squash as the base for a Thanksgiving vegetarian pasta. Top the squash strands with your favorite vegetables cooked in vegetable broth and herbs as well as pumpkin seeds for texture.
- Hearty sweet potato salad. Sweet potatoes are not only for dessert at a vegetarian Thanksgiving. Season the sweet potatoes with ginger and cumin to give them an unexpected smoky and spicy flavor. Tossed with roasted red peppers and salty pumpkin seeds, you will have a filling, healthy vegetarian entree you won't be able to get enough of.
Posted on: May. 14, 2010