5 Things To Talk About On A First Date
Want to know 5 things to talk about on a first date? It can be difficult to come up with things to talk about on a first date. Silence can become awkward and chattering on about nothing can be annoying. Use these suggestions as a guide to keep the conversation going and get the know the person you are out with.
- Get to know the basics. Because this is a first date, and depending on how it was set up, you may not know a lot about her. Basics include her name/age (this one is important) and career or school information. Be sure to ask good questions and be available to offer the same information to her.
- Learn about her interests and hobbies. This part of the conversation has two purposes. You are learning more about her, and if you are already interested, you are getting ideas about something to do on a second date. If you don't know a lot about some of the things she is talking about, ask her for more details. Again, be sure to come up with a few things that you can share with her. You may find you have a thing or two in common. If you are having a hard time bringing this into the conversation, think about asking what she enjoys doing in her spare time.
- Discuss recent books and movies that you both have enjoyed. As you each share your interests in this area, you are getting to know each other and finding common interests. Be open to hear about what she has seen or read lately, even if it isn't something you would enjoy. Meeting a new person brings the opportunity to learn and experience new things.
- Find out what she wants out of her life. This is only a first date and you don't necessarily want to start talking about how many kids you want and if your house will have a white picket fence. You just want to know where she sees her life headed. It is okay to ask where she wants to be in five years. This may come across like and interview question, so make sure that you time it correctly and can offer an answer as well.
- Music is another interesting topic to discuss. Because there are so many different artists and types of music, this can really get the conversation going. You can ask about her favorite radio station, best concert experience and even which singer/band she would like to meet.