There are 5 things you should know about condyloma acuminatainclude; who gets it, what causes it, the symptoms, how it is diagnosed and what treatments are available. Condyloma acuminata is commonly called genital warts.
- Who gets it. Condyloma acuminata is a sexually transmitted disease. Adults under 30 years old are the most common victims of these genital warts. One cautionary note about condyloma acuminata is that those who have multiple partners and unprotected sex increase the risk of getting this condition.
- Causes. HPV (human papillomavirus) causes condyloma acuminata. It is transmitted from one person to another through the papillomas (growths) that form on the genitals. A newborn can receive condyloma acuminata from his infected mother.
- Symptoms. The most obvious symptoms to observe about condyloma acuminata are the reddish warts that form on in or around the vagina in women or around the penis opening in men and less commonly around the anus.One thing to know about condyloma acuminata growths is that they may have an odor and bleed or itch.
- Diagnosis. A physical examination and a laboratory test of tissue that has been removed from the warts are the means to diagnose condyloma acuminata.
- Treatment. Some patients’ genital warts are taken care of by their healthy immune system. There are creams that can be applied to the warts to keep them from returning. Another treatment for condyloma acuminata is interferon injections. Those growths that become blockages due to their large size can be surgically removed or removed by being frozen with liquid nitrogen.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …