You can look great and attract the ladies by following these five tips for body waxing for men. First used thousands of years ago, waxing is a quick and inexpensive method of removing unsightly body hair. Particularly helpful for those who have large patches of hair to remove, body waxing offers a smooth and hair-free surface for anywhere from four to six weeks.
So how do they do it? Warmed wax (not hot) is spread in a thin coating over the area and a piece of cloth is pressed lightly down into the wax. As the wax sets, it adheres to both the cloth and to the individual hairs. Then the cloth is quickly pulled up, going against the natural growth of the hair, and the unwanted body hair is pulled out of the follicles. While this may sound like a painful alternative for hair removal treatment, the hair that grows back is much finer and far less dense, making waxing easier and easier as time goes by.
Here are five tips for body waxing, that will help make your waxing experience as quick and painless as possible:
- Check your skin. Before you apply any wax, be sure your skin doesn't have any abrasions, burns, cuts or other injuries. Applying wax to damaged skin can cause further irritation and may lead to serious infection.
- Thoroughly wash any areas that are to be waxed. Make sure that you clean away any dirt or oil from the surface of your skin; this will help ensure the wax adheres properly to the hair.
- Do a test strip. Some people can be particularly sensitive or even allergic to the wax. For this reason, it's highly recommended that you apply a small amount of wax and let it sit on your skin for a few minutes, just to be sure you don't have a reaction to it.
- Avoid overheating your wax. Body wax should never be boiled or applied when it's extremely hot, as this can lead to serious injury. It doesn't have to be completely liquefied or burning hot to work.
- Wax in the same movements and remove against it. When applying wax, do so in the same direction of the hair growth but, when you pull the wax and cloth off, do so against the natural growth of the hair. This will require the least amount of applications and yield the best results.
After having a male body wax, it's also helpful to apply vitamin E lotion to the treated area, but avoid applying any lotion that has a strong scent-this may cause irritation. It's also important to avoid swimming, sunbathing or spending time in a Jacuzzi or sauna for at least twelve hours after you've had a treatment, as your skin will be quite sensitive. While it might put a temporary damper on your love-life, try to avoid any skin-to-skin contact for about twelve hours or you may encounter discomfort and/or infection. Also, bear in mind that while you can wax sensitive areas like the pubic region, you cannot wax nose hair or hair inside the ears or the scrotum.
Following these easy hair removal steps for men will make your body waxing experience much more pleasurable and hassle-free. If you prefer to avoid do-it-yourself body waxing and are too embarrassed to ask a friend for help, there are many salons that offer body hair removal for a very reasonable price. Body waxing is increasingly becoming the popular alternative for male body hair removal. It just may be the perfect method of hair removal for you.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.