These 5 tips for camping in Red Desert, WY are exceptional must-follow suggestions that may make your experience more comfortable. You don't want to be unprepared and you certainly won't want to put yourself in danger. Don't ignore these tips if you're planning a camping trip in the Red Desert.
You will need:
- snake bite kit
- Bring Water: Don't count on natural water sources if you're going to be camping here. There is little precipitation and you may not be camping near a lake/river. Make sure you supply plenty of water for each day and night on your trip.
- Be Cautious of Wildlife: From dune beetles to kangaroo rats, the Red Desert is infiltrated with wildlife. You need to be aware of unfriendly wildlife when you stay, even shaking out your shoes before you put them on. You should also bring a snake bite kit and repellent with you.
- Sun Care: In addition to a strong SPF sunscreen, you will need to keep yourself covered in light fabrics during the day. You will find that spending extended hours will make you prone to fast sunburn. Be extra cautious and bring additional sunscreen with you – enough to last your entire group.
- Travel light: You do not want to strain yourself more than needed so be sure you travel light. Try to disperse belongings amongst all group members. If possible, stay close to your car so you can return and load up on more water or food without too much hassle.
- Plan Carefully: Make sure you give someone staying home a detailed plan of your trip. Let them know when they can expect your call to notify you have left. This way if anything goes awry help can be sent to an appropriate location.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.