5 Tips For Dating A Woman With Children
So you've found the perfect woman, but she has children and you're looking for advice; here's a list of 5 tips for dating a woman with children. Regardless of if you are single with no children or you are divorced/widowed with children of your own, dating a woman with children can be a challenge. The following tips can make the experience more enjoyable and much easier.
- Understand. Regardless of if you have kids or not, dating a woman with children requires understanding. Women with children are a package deal. The kids come along with the woman and there's no way around it. If you're hoping the kids will simply disappear, then you're barking up the wrong tree and you need to find love elsewhere. She may be “perfect” for you, but unless you're willing to accept her family, then you should move on.
- Understand the father. Just as the children are a package deal, so is the father. Depending on the situation, the woman may have a good, bad, or indifferent relationship with the father of her kids. You need to be able to understand and accept this. The simple fact is that the father of the children will always be a part of their life. If he is against her dating after he and the she split, this may be a hint to move on and find someone else. You don't need any drama in your life, right?
- Don't overstep your bounds. Along with the above tip, don't overstep your bounds. If you and your lady just started dating, don't try to play daddy. Depending on the age of the children, they will see right through you and your credibility will be destroyed. If you're dating a woman with children, understand that your role is to be a father figure, not a father. In time, that may change, but for now, don't overstep your bounds.
- Be accepting. If she doesn't have time for a date, are you going to understand? Dating a woman with children means that you won't have the same freedoms that you might have while dating a woman with no children. If you can't accept her obligation to her children, it might be better for you to find a woman without those obligations. Understanding that you have to accept and accommodate her family obligations is one of the biggest steps you can make while dating a woman with children.
- Don't treat her different. When dating a woman with children, there will always be things that cause you to treat the situation differently, but always remember, she is still a woman. Always try to treat her with love and respect and never let the fact that she has children get in the way. Single mothers want to be treated with love and caring just as much as women without kids. While there are differences in the way you go about your relationship with her, never let those impact how you treat her.