5 Tips For Dating A Woman With Kids
Are you in need of 5 tips for dating a woman with kids? Dating a woman with kids can pose some real challenges. In most relationships between a man and woman, the major concern is really only about how the two of you get along. But when you are dating a woman with kids, the dynamics change. Let’s face it, most guys need a few tips when it comes to dating single mothers. Here are a few that can really help you out.
- Realize that it will not be just the two of you getting to know one another, it will be you, her, and her kids getting to know one another. When dating a woman with kids you are competing with them for her time and attention. But you must realize that when it comes to a mother, her children will come first.
- Remember that her kids have a father. Just as a mother’s kids come as a packaged deal, so will the kids’ father. Depending on the situation, the relationship between the kids’ mother and father may be good or bad. You are going to have to be able to understand and accept this. Realize that the kids’ father is always going to be a part of their lives. There may be drama ahead—if you do not want that in your life, it may be a sign that you need to move on and find someone new.
- Establishing authority. When dating a mother, you may face the problem of establishing authority over her kids. When you give an instruction to one of the children, he or she will most likely say something like “You’re not my dad, I don’t have to listen to you.” You must plan ahead for such things. Think through your response to their challenges carefully. It may set the tone for the rest of your relationship with her kids.
- Try to be understanding of the woman you are dating. If she does not have time for a date or time to talk to you on the phone, are you going to be able to accept it? When dating a woman with kids, understand that the two of you will not have the same freedoms that you might have with a woman who does not have kids. Mothers have obligations and you must learn to accept and accommodate these obligations.
- Lastly, be prepared for what your sex life may become. Sex with a woman who has kids can be tricky. Some mothers are very hesitant to bring men home for an overnight stay. This is because of the message that it will send to her kids. Another thing, she may be reluctant to stay at your place because that will involve finding someone to watch her kids for the night. Realize that in order for you to have sex with the woman you are dating it may require extensive planning.