5 Tips For Decoding Body Language
Looking for 5 tips for decoding body language? It is a proven fact that gestures, stance and movements tell the truth about the attitude and intentions of any person. You can begin to read any woman by learning these 5 tips for decoding body language. Mix and mingle these 5 body language decoding tips and you will get a successful body language read on the next woman you see.
- Decode her arm signals. Arm placement is human nature and a normal situational response to protect ourselves. Folding the arms together across the chest creates an unconscious protective barrier in response to what we perceive as a threatening or undesirable situation. A woman with arms folded across the chest sends the message, “I am unapproachable.” If you witness this display during a conversation with a woman, it means, “I am not coming out and you are not coming in.”
- Decode her leg signals. A woman standing crossed legged (like a pair of scissors) says two things: she is staying and not leaving, and access is closed off to you. A woman seated with her ankles crossed and tucked under the chair can decode as negative body language or as modesty (with a mini skirt). Is she trying to make herself physically smaller? In this case, look at what her arms are doing. Are they open or are they folded tightly in front of her chest, barricading her body from unwanted advances?
- Decode her hand signals. The three main palm gestures are palm up, palm down, and palm closed, finger pointed. Think of the infamous Hitler pose with arm extended straight out with palm down. That is the sign of authority and dominance. An open upward facing palm is submissive and non-threatening. The closed palm with the finger pointing is the hammer going down meant to beat the listeners into submission. When decoding the body language of women, the hand signals combined with seated leg positions will help you determine if she is closed off or being modest in a short skirt.
- Decode the smile. A smile will speak loudly about what she is feeling. While you are talking face to face with a woman, pay close attention to how she smiles. If her smile is wide, open, pulling the corners of the mouth back and pulling the eyes back, you are seeing a genuine smile of interest. If her smile only pulls the corners of the mouth, she is faking it and you are probably wasting your time trying to win her over.
- Decode the handshake. The first point of contact when meeting someone new is the handshake. With the handshake comes the body language declaration of the attitude of hand you are shaking. The handshake subconsciously transmits three attitudes: dominance, submission or equality. When she takes your hand to shake and turns her palm down, forcing yours upward, she is taking control of the encounter. She is showing a submissive attitude when she offers her hand with palm up, giving you the dominant palm-down pose. When both of you attempt to take the dominate palm down position, it causes a vertical position, making a statement of equality between the both of you.