The 5 tips for filling in scratches on car are there to make sure that you don't harm your darling automobile anymore than it already has been. When you fill in a scratch on your car, you want to make extra sure that you do not worsen the situation by being careless or by doing a sloppy job. After all, you want your darling automobile to be back in the brilliant shape it was originally.
- Use Super Glaze. The best tip for filling in scratches on your car is to just use some super glaze. This is because super glaze is able to easily slip into the fine markings of even the finest scratches. All you need to do is carefully apply the super glaze in tiny circles and "x"'s to start; then you expand your motions as the scratches disappear.
- Use an Aggressive Polish. Using a sponge, use continually expanding motions to really work in the polish over medium-sized scratches. This is the second best tip to fill in scratches on your car. It must be noted that you should only use more aggressive polish if the scratches you are trying to fill in are big enough that you can actually feel them with your fingertips.
- Use Touch-up Paint. For scratches that are really deep, using touch-up paint is the only way to go, which is the third best tip for filling in scratches on your car. Start by first cleaning the scratch-area to get out any dirt or wax around the area. Then, sand down the loose areas with sand paper before finally applying only thin layers of the touch-up paint.
- Use Many Layers of Paint. In particular noxious cases where someone has keyed your car, you can fill in the scratches by using several layers of paint. After you fill in the scratch with several layers of paint, you then make sure that you finish the repair job by flattening, then buffing and finally polishing the area around the scratch.
- Sand out Scratches. If your car has clearcoat–which is a coat over the original layer of the paint to make your car look even shinier–you are in luck because you may be simply able to sand out the scratch instead of filling it out. Just make sure that you do not totally sand your way through the clearcoat and into the actual paint of your car!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.