Anyone who has scabs should use these 5 tips for healing the scabs on the scalp immediately. Scabs sometimes occur due to our skin renewing and shredding dead cells and usually are not serious. However, they are aesthetically unattractive, itch and flake and could be a result of dandruff, seborrheic or dermatitis. There are several ways to heal scalp scabs, and it is not time-consuming.
Things you need to heal scabs on your scalp:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Petroleum jelly
- Coal tar shampoo
- Warm ¼-cup extra virgin olive oil and massage the scalp with the oil. Do this for approximately four minutes. Comb your hair using a wide tooth comb to distribute the oils thoroughly throughout your hair. Cover your hair using a shower cap. You can leave this on for ten minutes or you can leave this treatment on overnight. Rinse and wash your hair using a moisturizing shampoo and a moisturizing condition. This treatment will soothe your scalp irritations and will not clog your pores.
- Buy a humidifier for the home. If your scalp scabs only happen during winter, it could be weather related. Use a humidifier in your home to add moisture back in the home, and stop the scabs on your scalp.
- Find out what is the root cause of your scalp scab. If your scabs occur after you dye your hair, look at your hair dye ingredients. Para-phenylenediamine is a common hair dye ingredient, and sometimes caused itching, other scalp irritation. For dye related scalp scabs, wait a week or two and your scalp scabs will go away. However, to avoid this problem in the future, follow the test guidelines directed on the box. You can also add petroleum jelly prior to adding hair dyes or any other type of chemicals to your hair. Petroleum jelly protects the scalp and reduces irritation associated with hair chemicals.
- Shampoo your hair using a coal tar shampoo. Do this twice weekly, making sure you always shake the bottle before you shampoo. Only use this type of shampoo for the scabs on your scalp. Do not use this treatment if you have scabs on the scalp with sores. This will irritate your skin, and avoid getting it into your eyes.
- Do not touch the scabs on the scalp. This is important because if you pick on your scab it could make the condition worse, and instead of having scabs, you may end up with sores.
Your condition should improve with these tips shortly. If your condition becomes worse, contact your medical provider because this might be a sign of serious condition.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.