These 5 tips on how to win on Full Tilt Poker are both simple and effective. This article will be geared towards No-Limit Hold 'em as it is by far the most common and popular poker game being played.
- Stick to premium starting hands. This has been preached time and time again but it holds true never the less. Sitting around waiting for better starting hands may not seem as fun as splashing around with more hands but the pay off will be better results and more wins. What are premium starting hands? Simple, here are the top ten starting hands: A-A, K-K, A-K suited, Q-Q, J-J, 10-10, 9-9, 8-8, A-Q suited, 7-7.
- Play in late position. Playing in late position will make your decisions much easier because you get to act after your opponent. Poker is a game of incomplete information so any free information you can get before you act is important and that is why acting last is beneficial. Dealer button is the best position because you are last to act, to the right of the dealer is called the cut-off and two off of the button is also considered late position.
- Enter your pots raising. In No-Limit Hold 'em aggression is rewarded and you should play with this theory in mind. The whole idea here is to put pressure on your opponents. Raising gives you two chances to win the hand, first your opponents may fold and second you can make the best hand if they do call or at the very least put them on the defensive.
- Size your bets effectively. OK, so you know what hands to play and when to play them but you have to know how to bet them. The general rule of thumb is 3-times the big blind (BB). Many players make the mistake of simply doubling the BB but this just gives your opponents the proper odds to call your bets. For example: Blinds are Small Blind (10) and Big Blind (20). If you raise on the button with no one else in the pot to 40 and the small blind folds the big blind has to call 20 to win 70, so they are getting better than three-to-one on their money. On the other hand if you raise three-times the BB to 60 instead this same opponent has to call 40 to win 90 so just over two-to-one which obviously isn't as enticing.
- Pay attention and take notes. Full Tilt as well as other online sites have a great feature in that you can take notes on your opponents. Take advantage of this and make notes on players not only for the hands you play with them but also for the hands you observe them play against other players at the table. It is very easy to be distracted while playing online with access to so many other things like television, surfing the net, etc. For the best chance to win you have to be aware of what is going on at the table. To quote "Rounders:" "If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker." If you aren't paying attention you won't spot the sucker and more than likely will be out in the first half hour thus becoming one.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.