5 Tips For Hunting Whitetail Deer
For those new to the sport of hunting, here are 5 tips for hunting whitetail deer to help you out. With the economy still down, more people are turning to hunting as not only a hobby, but as a means of adding food to the family table.
- Keep a 4x4 piece of folded tarp and a small rope in your pack. After field dressing a whitetail deer, you can put the whitetail deer on the tarp, slip the rope through the eyelets and tighten. Now you can drag the whitetail deer out much easier and without picking up tons of dirt and debris.
- Putting strips of reflective tape or small bike reflectors on your hunting stand will assist you in finding it in the dark with just the aid of a small flashlight.
- Strips of reflective tape on the back of your arrows, between the noc and the fletching, will make them easier to find in the dark and not affect their flight.
- Tampons make great scent wicks and even come with a string for hanging or dragging. Do make sure you choose the unscented ones when choosing them for use in whitetail deer hunting!
- Arrive early and be patient. Getting to your hunting stand early in the day allows you to sit there when other hunters arrive and drive the animals to you with the noise of their arrival.
There are many different tips out there, and each whitetail deer hunter has his or her own favorite way of doing things. Hopefully, these tips will help you out and maybe even inspire you to find your own tips to pass along to your fellow hunters!