Need to know five tips for ocean kayaking? Ocean kayaking is both different from normal kayaking in some ways, and similar in others. This article will give you five top tips that, if followed, will make you a great ocean kayaker! The nice thing about Oceanside is it's location. Latitude wise, it is between North Carolina and Miami, Florida. This means that it shouldn't be as hot as Florida usually is, which is great for kayaking!
- Stay in shape. Ocean kayaking is just as demanding as any other physical sport. If you want to be a strong and effective ocean kayaker, you need to stay in top shape to maintain your endurance and a powerful upper body.
- Make a plan. Plan your kayaking route before you go. Having no plan is not a good idea with ocean kayaking because the current, wind, and ties could take you places you aren't familiar with.
- Know the conditions. When ocean kayaking, wind, tides, and currents are very important. Know what to expect before you go out there. If done carelessly, ocean kayaking can be a dangerous sports. But if you are careful and prepare both mentally and physically, then it will be nothing but fun. Water in near the Atlantic coast can be turbulent and act abnormally.
- Be aware of your surroundings. When you are ocean kayaking, you are bound to see many other ships and boats. Watch out for them! Always be mindful of what's around you.
- Know your limits. Know what you are capable of. You don't want to end up too far from your starting point and be out of energy because you still need to kayak back. If you are exhausted, all that needs to happen is you get caught in a rip tide or a strong wind, and then you're in trouble. Don't push yourself too hard when ocean kayaking.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.