These 5 tips for post circumcision care will speed healing and prevent post circumcision care complications. Be sure to follow your doctor’s specific instructions for post circumcision care, but here are some basic tips to keep in mind to promote healing following a circumcision.
- Stay horizontal for the first day. When you return home after a circumcision, the penis needs to be at the same level as the heart to help reduce swelling. In other words, lay down and relax.
- Take a pain reliever. Once the dumbness wears off you may feel some mild pain. Part of post circumcision care is taking an over-the-counter pain reliever may help to make you more comfortable. You don’t want to take aspirin since it is a blood thinner and can increase the bruising that occurs due to a circumcision.
- Keep the bandage dry. An adult should use a condom to cover the bandage when showering for the first few days after a circumcision. A child can use the snipped-off finger of a surgical glove.
- Wear supportive underwear. Although you may wear boxers normally, for several days after a circumcision briefs or boxer briefs may provide more support and reduce friction. Find the balance between comfort and support in order to protect the penis.
- Give yourself time before having sex. Most doctors recommend that you wait 45 days before having sex for the first time after having a circumcision. You may have sex or masturbate sooner if you have no stitches, swelling or pain but do so gently.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.