5 Tips For Razor Burn Treatment
These five tips for razor burn treatment can help treat this irritating condition effectively and painlessly. Razor burn can be caused by a variety of factors, which are very correctable. The condition can compromise your comfort and even cause an infection, if not treated quickly and properly. By incorporating a razor burn treatment into your daily routine, you will soon experience improvement from this temporary condition.
For effective razer burn treatment, you will need:
- Moisturizing shave cream
- Sharp razor
- Aloe vera gel
- Hypoallergenic moisturizing lotion
- Soft towel
1. Get rid of your dull razor. Shaving with a sharp blade allows for a smooth, clean and non-irritating shave. As part of your razor burn treatment, along with your sharp razor, use a moisturizing shaving cream. This will provide lubrication, resulting in less friction and drag that can contribute to razor burn.
2. Use the proper shaving technique. Razor burn treatment also includes knowing how to properly shave in order to reduce friction and irritation. Always shave in the direction of your hair growth, which is also known as going with the grain,
3. Reducing symptoms of this condition. Symptoms of razor burn include irritation and burning of your skin, as well as redness, sensitivity and minor swelling. After shaving, apply cool water to reduce the burning sensation and close your pores. In addition, to prevent further irritation, gently pat dry your face.
4. Apply soothing aloe vera gel to the affected areas of your skin. Aloe vera can hasten healing, while delivering soothing nutrients to your sensitive skin.
5. Keep your skin moisturized. Dry skin can exacerbate razor burn. An important part of your razor burn treatment includes adequate moisturizing of your skin with a hypoallergenic lotion. Steer clear of moisturizers that contain heavy scents, as these can further irritate your already fragile skin.