5 Tips For Reversing The Aging Process
Would you like to know five tips for reversing the aging process? Everyone wants to look younger and retain that youthful glow for as long as possible. Who says you have to look your age? These five tips are good advice for staying young looking and increasing your life expectancy. People live longer now than they used to because of the miracles of science and medicine. Erase wrinkles, get rid of grey hair and tighten the skin around the eyes and mouth with or without surgery. Natural treatments and a healthy lifestyle can keep you looking younger and aid in reversing the aging process.
To reverse the aging process you will need:
- A healthy diet
- Plenty of exercise
- Sunblock with SPF 30
- A good facial cleanser
- Facial scrub
Hydrating lotion or moisturizer
- Good skin care. Younger looking skin starts with good skin care. Wash with a gentle cleanser in the morning and to remove makeup before going to bed. Makeup clogs pores and causes blemishes, so never sleep with makeup on. Use a facial cleanser and follow up with a hydrating lotion or a good moisturizer. Once a week give yourself a facial and use a scrub to exfoliate dead skin cells. This tightens the skin and encourages new cell growth in the underlying tissues.
- Eat for health. This country has become a fast food nation. There is very little nutrition in fast food. Overhaul your diet and make a decision to put only healthy food in your body. Fruits and vegetables should be the main staples along with some complex carbohydrates and protein to build muscle.
- Exercise for your heart. Get some form of exercise everyday if possible. Walking is excellent for your heart and is easy to do anywhere. If you belong to a gym you will have access to treadmills and weight machines as well as a swimming pool and sauna. Yoga is also good for keeping the muscles strong and elastic.
- Stay out of the sun. Scientists have known for some time that ultraviolet rays cause premature aging and can even cause cancer from overexposure. Use a sunblock with SPF 30 when you go out and wear sunglasses to prevent wrinkles around the eyes caused by squinting.
- Quit smoking. This not only helps prevent wrinkles but can increase your life span as well. Smoking is bad for your health and causes premature wrinkling of the skin.
Other tips include getting enough sleep and taking vitamins. Getting enough sleep is one of the best things you can do for your body, while vitamins A, C and D are essential for healthy skin and bones. In a recent interview on Oprah, Dr. Mehmet Oz spoke about staying young by having the proper mind set. Having a healthy mind, reducing stress, and including proper diet and exercise can add years to our life. When it comes to the aging process there is no speed at which people are supposed to age. It is a chronological process that cannot be changed, however, the effects of aging on the body can be changed.