Running in the park can be a great experience when you follow these 5 tips for running in the park. Running is a great way to get physical exercise without having to pay for an expensive gym membership. Besides the obvious health benefits, running in the park is a great way to relax the mind after a stressful day. Following these tips will help you get the most out of your running experience.
- Be safe. When running in the park you should carry some safety items such as a whistle and mace with you. A whistle can be used to get people's attention in case you are being attacked while you are running in the park. A can of mace can be used on an person or animal who is attacking you. Some runners also carry cell phones with them incase they need to call for help if they get injured while they are running.
- Wear the appropriate clothing. Wearing the appropriate clothing while running in the park will protect a runner from the outside elements. During the summer months light clothing should be worn to reflect heat. During the winter months layers of clothing should be worn. If rain or snow is in the forecast water repellant clothing should be worn.
- Do warm up exercises. Warming up at least five minutes before running in the park will increase blood flow and help prevent injuries. When you are stretching only stretch to the point where you feel a small amount of tension. If you began to feel pain when you are stretching, you are stretching too much.
- Buy good running shoes. Running in the park can be a very inexpensive sport, but when your buying it is not the time to start being cheap. Having a good pair of running shoes can help prevent injuries. Once you find a pair of running shoes that work well for you, you should try to keeping buying the same running shoe each time you need a new pair.
- Make sure you are eating enough carbohydrates. Even though carbohydrates sometimes have a bad reputation, they are essential for people who are regularly running in the park. Carbohydrates give the body energy it needs to perform during a run.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.