By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn 5 tips for swimming for exercise. Swimming is not only a great form of cardiovascular exercise, but also has been found to provide some relief for those suffering from arthritis and other similar inflammatory conditions.
- Consult with your physician. As with starting any new type of physical activity, it's important to consult with your primary care physician in order to make sure you are healthy enough for exercise.
- Start slowly. This is essential in achieving optimal results when it comes to swimming for exercise. Start by swimming only ten to fifteen minutes a day, most days of the week. Once this comes easily, increase the amount of time spent in the pool. Most studies suggest that for best results, you should increase by no more than ten percent each week.
- Track your progress. No matter if you are interested in weight loss, increased muscle tone, or simply want to get active, there are a number of things that can be tracked. Tracking your progress keeps you motivated, and helps you to achieve your long term goals.
- Change your routine. One of the biggest problems people have when it comes to swimming for exercise is that they simply swim laps, over and over. While this can be great initially, after a period of time, it will lose its effectiveness. Try walking, doing different swim strokes, or even lifting weights in the pool for something new.
- Have fun. This is the most important tip to keep in mind when swimming for exercise. While swimming is definitely hard work, it should still be fun!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …