5 Top Anime Movies You Should Own
The 5 top anime movies you should own are all powerful examples of the creativity allowed in animated filmmaking. These films all have lots of adult themes, but they aren’t restricted by the same constraints as live-action films, and this means they are able to cover a wider range of thematic materials. Some of these can stand up to any live-action movie, and are easily among the greatest films ever created.
- “Spirited Away” is considered by many to be director Hayao Miyazaki’s greatest film. It deals with a young girl being sucked into an alternate world with and the adventures she has there. There are several anime movies you should own, but you should probably buy this one first.
- If you’re looking for a blood-drenched masterpiece, one of the first anime movies you should own is “Ninja Scroll”. This film has everything from ninja battles to demons, and the imagination on display is incredible.
- If you favor science fiction, one of the anime movies you should own is “Akira”. This movie deals with psychic powers and a threat to the entire world in a futuristic setting. It’s about as epic as you could ever ask for, and it shows what anime movies can really offer when it comes to scale.
- Director Hayao Miyazaki’s second film on this list is “Princess Mononoke”. It was one of the first anime movies that was heavily marketed in western countries and became a hit. The movie is an epic heroic fantasy story set in an alternate world with talking wolves and other fantastical creatures.
- “Vampire Hunter: D” is a great example of how anime movies can allow for crazy genre bending. This film mixes sci-fi and gothic horror, with vampires in a futuristic setting. It’s very violent, and it has a lot of elements that might appeal to fans of the comic book character “Blade”.