5 Traditional Halloween Recipes
If you will be hosting or attending a Halloween party this year, or perhaps are just looking for something special and festive to share with coworkers or friends, consider making one or all of these traditional Halloween recipes.
Easy Caramel Apples Recipe
- Good quality eating apples like Red Delicious or Macintosh
- Jar of prepared caramel sauce
- Chopped peanuts
- Wash apples thoroughly, then cut them up into wedges.
- Dip wedges into caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Place apples on a platter with toothpicks for easy serving.
Halloween Popcorn Recipe
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn
- 1 box of orange Jello
- Prepare popcorn following package directions.
- Sprinkle orange Jello over warm popcorn.
- Toss and serve.
Halloween Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Pie
- 1 store-bought pumpkin pie, either fresh or frozen
- 1 bag of candy corn
- 1 can whipped cream
- Decorate prepared pumpkin pie with candy corn to make eyes, nose and mouth.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Halloween Harvest Platter
- An assortment of cut-up fresh fruit
- Fresh grape bunches
- Walnuts in the shell
- Arrange cut-up fruit on a serving platter.
- Surround with grapes.
- Decorate with walnuts in their shells.
- Use attractive toothpicks for easy serving.
Halloween Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
- 1 fresh pumpkin
- Olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- Cut open the pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- Rinse the seeds under cold running water. Remove any stringy fibers remaining.
- Drain seeds and let dry.
- Place the seeds in a shallow baking pan. Sprinkle with olive oil. then sprinkle Cajun seasoning over seeds.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.