5 UFC Best Knockouts 2008
The 5 UFC best knockouts 2008 show why it was a very good year for UFC and MMA fans in 2008. Names like Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Brock Lesnar were huge in 2008, and their fights were memorable. Sit back and enjoy a recap of the 5 UFC best knockouts 2008.
- Wanderlei Silva Knocks Out Keith Jardine - May 25, 2008. Wanderlei Silva was supposed to be too slow, too old and too heavy to compete with Keith Jardine. Before the match was even 60 seconds old, Jardine was out on his back counting stars. In 2008, Wanderlei Silva was in no hurry to retire from UFC.
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Knocks Out Wanderlei Silva - December 28, 2008. Three days after Christmas in 2008, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was not feeling in the holiday mood. Wanderlei Silva had a good 2008 up until his match with Jackson on December 28. Jackson laid Silva out with a hard punch to the right of his chin. That helped to perpetuate the Quinton "Rampage" Jackson legend and make this one of the 5 UFC best knockouts 2008.
- James Irvin Knocks Out Houston Alexander - April 2, 2008. There was a lot of hype surrounding this bout, and Alexander was considered by many to be the favorite. But only eight seconds into the bout, Irvin catches Alexander on the chin with a round house punch and the match is over. Definitely one of the most impressive UFC knockouts of 2008.
- Rashad Evans Knocks Out Chuck Liddell - September 5, 2008. Chuck Liddell is a mean, nasty and tough legend in UFC fighting. Rashad Evans is a soft-spoken man that is effective at knocking opponents out. On September 5, 2008, Evans shocked the UFC world when he knocked out Chuck Liddell one minute and 51 seconds into the second round.
- Anderson Silva Knocks Out James Irvin - July 19, 2008. This was Anderson Silva's first match in the 205 pound weight class, and he showed that he belonged with the bigger boys. It took one kick and three punches for Silva to knock out UFC veteran James Irvin.