What are 5 UTI herbal remedies? UTI, or urinary tract infection, is easily contracted but is also easily treated. Characterized by painful and frequent urination as well as cloudiness or even blood in the urine, a urinary tract infection can be a sign of a greater medical problem or it may simply be a bacterial, fungal, or viral infection in the urinary tract. It can also lead to more serious issues such as a kidney infection if left untreated. Go see a doctor and use these 5 UTI herbal remedies for natural relief.
- Supplement with dandelion extract. Acting as a diuretic this herb will help to remove toxins from the body. It also supports the liver. Dandelion is also a good herbal remedy for UTI in that it will ease some of the discomfort.
- Drink marshmallow root tea. By increasing the acidity of the urine this herb makes it difficult for bacteria to thrive in the urinary tract. To make a bladder tonic, steep two teaspoons of dried marshmallow root in one cup of boiling water for ten minutes.
- Use corn silk for urinary relief. Corn silk is one of the 5 UTI herbal remedies that cleanses as well as soothes irritation of the urinary tract. Take a dropper full of a corn silk tincture one to two times a day.
- Take goldenseal capsules. Goldenseal is a potent antimicrobial herb for any type of infection. While the other UTI herbal remedies are safe for general use, goldenseal shouldn't be taken for more than one week.
- Make an herbal infusion of bearberry, couchgrass, and yarrow. Use equal parts of these cleansing herbs to make a tea. Steep two teaspoons total in one cup of boiling water. Drink hot tea every couple of hours to cure the infection.
These 5 UTI herbal remedies are very helpful, but make sure you see a doctor in case the infection is a sign of a more serious problem.
References: Balch, Phyllis, CNC. "Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 4th Edition." The Penguin Group, 2006.
Hoffmann, David. "The Complete Illustrated Holistic Herbal: A Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies." Element Books, 1996.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.