It's time to impress your favorite girl, and it won't be hard with these 5 Valentine's Day party dishes that work for a large get-together or for an intimate party of two. Create one or all of these party dishes on Valentine's Day to set the mood for romance.
- Spaghetti and meatballs. Remember that scene in "Lady and the Tramp" where they shared a strand of spaghetti, starting on one end and meeting in the middle? A spaghetti and meatball dish is ideal for a romantic Valentine's Day party.
- Oysters on the half-shell. Known for their properties as an aphrodisiac, oysters on the half-shell may be just the thing to get her in the mood for love. Provide crackers and spicy cocktail sauce for this simple but impressive Valentine's Day party dish. Just remember to keep the oysters on ice so they'll stay fresh.
- Asparagus spears. Give Cupid a boost with some asparagus to spear the heart of the one you love. This Valentine's Day dish is packed with vitamins and other nutrients for a healthy love life.
- Chocolate candy hearts. Nothing says love more than a chocolate heart! This dessert dish is a Valentine's Day party must-have. Loaded with antioxidants that are good for her and flavor to titillate her taste buds, this feel-good food will send her senses into orbit.
- Anything with figs. From fig cookies or cakes to fig preserves, there's something sensuous about the whole Garden of Eden thing, with symbolic fig leaves and being the only couple on earth. Even Cleopatra was known for indulging in figs, which were supposedly one of her favorite foods. You can't go wrong as you set yourself apart by including figs in your Valentine's Day party dishes.
As you present one or more of these party dishes on Valentine's Day, you'll be looked at completely differently by anyone who understands the reasons behind each one. And just to make sure everyone gets the point, it wouldn't hurt to jot down some of the symbolism and folklore to place beside each dish.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...