Looking for 5 vasectomy side effects? A vasectomy is a surgical birth control procedure that is performed on men. If you were to have a vasectomy, your doctor would tie off your vas deferens, which is your ejaculatory duct. With your ejaculatory duct sealed, you will no longer have any sperm present when you ejaculate. Luckily, most vasectomy side effects are minor in nature. If you have any of the below side effects present after you have had a vasectomy, you should call your doctor to obtain information on how to treat the side effect.
- Hematoma. A hematoma is a swelling that contains blood. If you were to get a hematoma as a result of your vasectomy, the hematoma would likely appear in your scrotum. In most cases, hematomas that are the result of a vasectomy will clear up in a week or so without the need for surgical drainage. Hematomas occur less than 2% of the time in men that have had a vasectomy.
- Bruising. You may notice bruising after you have had a vasectomy. There is generally nothing to worry about if you notice bruising in your genital area after your vasectomy. The bruising is most likely the result of bleeding that occurred while your doctor was performing your vasectomy.
- Hydrocels. A hydrocel is a swelling that contains fluid. As with a hematoma, if you were to experience a hydrocel after having a vasectomy, it would likely appear on your scrotum. Hydrocels will generally clear up within a week and they occur in less than 1% of patients that have had a vasectomy.
- Granulomas. Granulomas are a farirly common side vasectomy side effect, appearing in about 18% of patients that have had a vasectomy. If you have a granuloma, you will notice a small lump in your genital area. Granulmoas are typically caused by sperm that is leaking from your ejaculatory duct. Although granulomas can clear up on their own, surgical treatment is sometimes required.
- Pain. As with any surgical procedure, pain is a common vasectomy side effect. If you have had a vasectomy, you may notice pain in your genital area, including your testicles. Your pain should only be mild and it can typically be controlled by taking an anti-inflammatory medication.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."