5 Vegan Gluten Free Recipes
Need 5 vegan gluten free recipes? Vegan refers to the strictest form of Vegetarian diets. Vegans don't eat meat, seafood, fish, game, poultry, dairy, eggs, honey, lard or animal by-products. Gluten is found in grains such as wheat, rye and barley. It's responsible for triggering the small intestine autoimmune disorder–Celiac disease. If you are looking for vegetarian recipes that eliminate animal, animal by-products and contain gluten-free protein grains, consider the following healthy, delicious and easy vegan, gluten free recipes to whip up for yourself, friends and family.
1. Roasted Potato Slices with Smoky Aioli Dip
- Cooking spray
- 2-lbs russet potatoes;sliced
- 3-tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3-cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/3-cup yogurt (Greek or soy)
- 1/2-teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2-teaspoon paprika
- 1/4-teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- Scrub potatoes and slice thin.
- Combine potatoes and ingredients ; blend well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray cooking spray on baking sheets.
- Arrange potato slices on baking sheets ; bake for 15 minutes.
- Rotate pans. Bake 10 additional minutes .
- Place potatoes on parchment paper to dry.
- Place potatoes on appetizer dish with dip.
2. Curried Butternut Soup Recipe
- 4-6 cups-light vegetable broth, or water
- 4-cups diced butternut squash
- 1/2 to 1-cup coconut milk
- 2-stalks celery, diced
- 1-medium onion, diced
- 2-3 teaspoons mild gluten-free curry powder
- 1-tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-tablespoon maple syrup or raw agave nectar, to taste
- Heat olive oil in Dutch oven on medium heat.
- Add curry powder, onion, and celery; cook until onion softens. Add broth and squash, bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes until squash is tender. Add water to keep from sticking,
- Puree soup with food processor or blender .
- Stir in coconut milk and maple syrup.
- Season with pepper and sea salt, to taste.
- Serve warm.
3. Harvest Salad
- 2-cups red leaf lettuce,shredded
- 1/4-ripe pear or apple, thinly sliced
- 2-tablespoons Classic Vinaigrette dressing
- 1-tablespoon un-soaked, chopped pecans
- 1-tablespoon dried cherries, cranberries, or fresh raspberries
- Soak dried berries for 10 minutes and drain .
Ingredients Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 3-tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-tablespoon apple cider or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2-teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/8-teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar, salt, pepper and mustard. Wisk until combined.
- Add olive oil and whisk until smooth.
- Refrigerate in glass jar or cruet.
- Place apple, lettuce and vinaigrette dressing in a mixing bowl and toss. When coated, transfer to salad plate placing pecans and raspberries on top. Serve immediately.
4. Lentil Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1-onion, diced
- 1/2-pound lentils, cooked and drained
- 3-large potatoes, cooked
- 1/2-1 cup hot soy milk
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1/2-teaspoon crumbled fresh sage
- 1/2-teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Margarine to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash cooked lentils, onion and seasonings.
- Place mixture in a lightly oiled casserole dish.
- Mash potatoes; add margarine, salt and hot soy milk in another bowl. Beat with a mixer until fluffy.
- Evenly spread mashed potatoe mixture on top of mashed lentil mixture and bake until potatoes are dry on top, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
5. Cranberry Peach Crumble
- 2-cups sliced apples, peaches, pears or any combination of the three
- 1/2-heaping cup of whole cranberries or organic frozen slightly thawed cranberries
- 1-teaspoon arrowroot starch
- A drizzle of organic raw agave syrup, to taste
- A dash of cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Ingredients for crumble topping:
- 1-cup gluten-free flour or pancake mix
- 3/4-cup organic light brown sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons vegan shortening or light vegetable/olive oil- as needed
- 1-teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss and mix with a fork to create crumbs.
- Rub oil or vegan shortening into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Scatter a handful of crumbs into the greased pie plate.
- Pour in fruit mixture, and top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake crumble at 350 degrees F. Until top is golden brown and filling is thick and bubbling. 35-45 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate unused portions.