Here is a wonderful chance to learn how to make 5 vegetable side dish recipes for Christmas. Christmas is near and it is a time when you want your dinner to be a day of memories and wonderful food. Vegetable side dishes for Christmas will include soups, salads, vegetables and family favorites. Thankfully this year you have to look no further for some very delicious side dish recipes for Christmas.
Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- 1 package frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 package turkey stuffing
- 1 10 ¾ ounce condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Grease a eight inch square baking dish. Layer the broccoli on the bottom.
- Mix the soup and the lemon juice together and layer on top of the broccoli. Spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Next place the stuffing mix in a food processor and pulse slowly to crush medium-fine. Mix the stuffing mix and the butter together.
- Layer the stuffing mix on top of the soup mixture on the casserole. Cover the casserole with foil.
- Bake the broccoli casserole in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Uncover the casserole and sprinkle the cheese all over.
- Return this classic vegetarian side dish for Christmas to the oven. Bake this side dish until the cheese is melted, around five minutes.
Easy Cucumber Salad
- 2 cucumbers, sliced very thin
- 1 onion, sliced very thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Water to cover
- Place the cucumbers and onions in a serving bowl. Add in the vinegar and enough water to cover the veggies by one inch.
- Add in the salt, pepper, sugar, celery seeds and the mustard seeds. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- The very simple Christmas side dish is usually served alongside the turkey or ham minus the water of course. Some may prefer to add one garlic clove for extra spice.
Fried Cauliflower Florets
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup oil
- Salt, pepper and sumac
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets cutting out the center core. Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- When the oil is hot drop in the cauliflower florets. Brown the florets in the hot oil and then remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Season the cauliflower with salt, pepper and sumac. Sumac is a Middle Eastern spice and can be located in many large stores in the spice section.
Green Beans and Shallots
- 1 can French style green beans
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium size skillet heat the butter and the oil. Add in the shallots and saute until translucent.
- Add in the green beans, salt and pepper. Cook only until the beans are hot not fried.
- This very easy vegetarian side dish can be made in less than five minutes. When in a hurry on Christmas Day turn to this easy recipe.
Potato and Leek Soup
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds leeks, cleaned and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- In a large stock pot put the potatoes, leeks, bay leaves and vegetable broth. Bring the soup to boil and then reduce to medium heat.
- Cook the potatoes and leeks for approximately 30 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Allow the veggies to cool and remove the bay leaves.
- Slowly place the potato mixture in a blender and blend well. Return back to the stock pot.
- Add in the milk, salt and pepper. Heat the soup, but do not boil.
- Enjoy this Vegetarian soup for Christmas dinner. When you are about to sit down to Christmas dinner place a decorated Christmas bowl of this soup in the center of each plate.
Note: To clean the leeks, simply take a knife and split them down the middle. Place the leeks under a stream of water to wash out any grit or sand.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!