5 Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes For Thanksgiving
The holidays are near and here are 5 vegetarian appetizer recipes for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a time for delicious food, visiting friends and remembering the many blessings of the past year. As you gather with your loved ones this Thanksgiving, why not enjoy these very easy to make vegetarian appetizer recipes?
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 pound mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- Non-stick spray
- Take the loaf of French bread and cut into thick slices. Spray a baking tray with non-stick spray.
- Lay the slices of French bread on the tray and brush each slice of bread with olive oil. Toast the bread in a hot 400 degree oven until slightly brown on top.
- Remove the toast from the oven and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake this vegetarian appetizer for Thanksgiving in a hot 400 degree oven until the cheese is melted and browned.
Paprika Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 whole sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the potatoes well. Slice the sweet potatoes into French fry type strips.
- Place the sweet potato fries on a large baking sheet and drizzle the oil on the potatoes. Sprinkle the spices on the potatoes and make sure all potatoes are coated.
- Bake this very delicious vegetarian appetizer in a hot 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until done. On Thanksgiving you can serve these delicious fries with a vegetable dip (recipe below).
Vegetables and Healthy Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- Assorted veggies, sliced and chopped
- Combine the yogurt and the sour cream in a bowl. Mix the two ingredients together well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix. Place this very simple Thanksgiving appetizer recipe in a small bowl and put on a large platter surrounded by many types of veggies.
Herb Coated Cheese Balls
- 12 ounce roll goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons oregano, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper
- Divide the cheese ball into equal two teaspoon servings. Roll each portion into small cheese balls.
- Place all the herbs and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Roll each cheese ball in the herb mixture.
- Place these small Thanksgiving appetizers on a decorated holiday plate with toothpicks in each for easy eating. Thanksgiving is a time of wonderful food and this appetizer recipe will surely please the crowd.
- 2 large eggplants (1 kilo)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup tahinah (sesame paste)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Olive oil
- Flat bread
- With a fork, poke some holes all around the eggplant. Place the eggplants in a preheated oven (350 degrees) and grill the eggplants until they blister (around an hour).
- Remove the eggplants and let them cool slightly. Cut open the eggplants and scoop out the insides and mash.
- Place the garlic and salt in a mortar and grind to a fine paste. Add in the lemon juice and mix all around.
- Add this to the mashed eggplants. Mix the tahinah with the water. Add the tahinah to the eggplant mixture and mix well.
- To serve this Thanksgiving vegetarian appetizer, garnish with chopped parsley. Drizzle the top of the eggplant dip with olive oil and serve with flat bread triangles that have been toasted slightly.