5 Vegetarian Christmas Holiday Recipes
Try these easy, delicious vegetarian Christmas holiday recipes. These dishes taste great and are not time-consuming. It really doesn't matter if you are a vegetarian or just looking to add more vegetables to your diet, these dishes are sure to please everyone.
This is a very easy vegetarian Christmas holiday recipe.
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. mustard
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well and place inside the refrigerator until ready to serve. Check your seasonings.
These roasted vegetables are great as a side dish for your vegetarian Christmas feast.
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Lightly grease your cookie sheet with oil. Place vegetables onto your cookie sheet and cook for about 40 minutes or until vegetables are done.
Corn on the Cob
This recipe is very easy and will make a great Christmas holiday side.
- 4 ears of corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove silk and husks. Wrap each ear of corn with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool and remove aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle with salt and rub with butter. You can squeeze lemon juice on your corn instead of butter.
This lasagna is a great main dish for your vegetarian Christmas.
- 1 package lasagna noodles
- 1 can chunky spaghetti sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 5 zucchini, sliced
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 1/3 cup chopped oregano
- 1 package mozzarella cheese
- 1 package Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté onion, green pepper, mushrooms, carrots and zucchini. Add the basil, oregano pepper and salt. Add spaghetti sauce.
- In a large pot, cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon a thin layer of your sauce and vegetable mix into the bottom of a baking pan. Sprinkle some mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top. Add a layer of cooked lasagna noodles.
- Repeat steps six through eight until all the sauce and noodles are gone. Place in the oven and cook for about 45 minutes or until done.
This shortbread recipe is easy and perfect for your vegetarian Christmas.
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegan margarine
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In another large bowl, cream together the sugar and margarine. Add the sifted flour.
- Knead the dough. Roll out the dough onto a floured surface. Use a cookie cutter or a knife to cut out shapes.
- Transfer to baking sheet and cook for about 30 minutes. Check about twenty minutes into cooking to make sure the shortbread doesn't burn.