5 Vegetarian Gluten Free Recipes
Looking for 5 vegetarian gluten free recipes? Gluten free food is becoming popular not only among those who face gluten intolerance. Gluten free feels lighter in the digestive system, and it is becoming easier to find in health food stores.
- 2 whole heads of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp water
- Pieces of broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and cucumber
- Cut off the tops of the whole heads of garlic.
- Place the garlic in a baking pan.
- Pour water and olive oil over garlic heads.
- Cover and bake for about 45 minutes at 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Squeeze the softened garlic onto broccoli, cauliflower, celery and cucumber.
Grilled Spicy Tomatoes With Tofu
- 1 Package (10 oz) firm tofu
- 2 Medium diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs onion, finely diced
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Drain the tofu and mash it with a fork in a bowl.
- Saute tomatoes and onion in a fry pan lightly coated with olive oil until they get soft.
- Add tofu and grated ginger.
- Season with soy sauce, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Paradise Fruit Salad
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 cup of mango, cubed
- 1 cup of papaya, cubed
- 1 cup of strawberries cut into wedges
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
Fruit Salad Dressing
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup shredded, dried, coconut
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Place the fresh fruit in a bowl.
- Combine the fruit salad dressing, stirring thoroughly.
- Pour the salad dressing on the fruit, and toss well.
Corn and Potato Chowder
- 2 Cups corn kernels
- 4 medium potatoes, rinsed and cut into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 ¾ cup soy milk
- Olive oil
- ½ tsp basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat a large saucepan with olive oil and sauté the corn and onion until the onion is transparent.
- Pour the vegetable stock in a blender; add half of the sautéed corn and onion and blend for one minute.
- Transfer the mixture into saucepan; add the potatoes and basil.
- Bring into a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for twenty minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Pour the soy milk, slowly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- 1 mango cut into cubes
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1¼ cups organic vegetable broth
- 3tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- A pinch of pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Saute onion, celery and garlic in a slightly olive oil coated medium saucepan.
- Add mango, potato, mushroom, basil leaves and vegetable broth.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Season with sea salt and pepper. Don’t over cook.
- Pour the mixture in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Strain and served hot or chilled.
If you have celiac disease, avoid breaded or fried food, unless you know gluten free flour was used.
Make sure that your food was not grilled or broiled on the same surface or in the same oil used to cook regular breaded food to make sure it is gluten free.