5 Vegetarian Holiday Party Recipes
Vegetarians love a good party too so, if you know how to make five vegetarian holiday party recipes, you're sure to please your non-meat eating guest. Vegetarian holiday party recipes should be easy to make and festive in looks so garnishing holiday recipes should be fun. Below are just 5 vegetarian holiday party recipes which should fit the bill. Note: There are many different types of vegetarians - the below recipes are assuming one is an lacto-ovo vegetarian (one who eats both dairy and eggs).
To make a quick and easy humus dip, you will need:
- 16 ounces of drained chick peas; reserve 3 tablespoons of the liquid
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of good quality olive oil
- 3 slices red pepper and chopped chives for garnish
- A food processor
- Process chick peas in a food processor until chopped. Add in lemon juice and tahini and process thirty seconds. Add in the chick pea liquid and pulse the food processor a few times. Mixture should be still a bit chunky.
- Add in the garlic and process ten seconds. Add olive oil slowly through the lid until mixture is smooth. You might want to add more olive oil if you like a looser consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place humus in a festive holiday bowl and top with the red pepper and chopped chives. Serve with pita chips or raw vegetables.
To make baked sweet potatoes for dipping (delicious with the above humus recipe), you will need:
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Chopped parley
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut each sweet potato in quarters.
- Using a food processor with the slicing disc, slice the sweet potatoes very thinly.
- Spread the sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with olive oil. Add a light coating of kosher salt to the tops of the yams.
- Bake for ten minutes and then flip the slices over. Bake another ten minutes until sweet potato slices are crispy. Cool before serving for the best crispy texture and sprinkle with parsley for a festive look.
To make a delicious vegetarian holiday party recipe of mushroom pate, you will need:
- 12 ounces of mushrooms. For the best mushroom pate, use a mixture of button, shitake and portabella mushrooms.
- 6 garlic cloves, dices in small pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Using a food processor, chop the mushrooms up to a very fine texture.
- Heat oil in saute pan. Saute garlic for two minutes. Add in mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a holiday dish and serve with red carrots and green celery for a festive holiday look.
To make a vegetarian noodle kugel dish which will please your Jewish friends, you will need:
- 16 ounces of wide egg noodles
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain well.
- Stir in butter until melted. Cool five minutes.
- Add in eggs and mix well to break up eggs. Bake in oven 45 minutes, until top is browned.
To make the easiest vegetarian holiday recipe of parmesan and artichoke dip, you will need:
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts, non-marinated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf french bread, cut in 20 pieces
- Chives and red peppers
- Preheat oven to 350F. Chop artichoke hearts to a fine consistency.
- Add mayonnaise and parmesan cheese to the artichoke hearts. Mix well.
- Spread french bread slices with dip and broil for just a few minutes, until the artichoke mixture bubbles and browns. Top each with a festive piece of chive and red pepper.