Here are the best 5 vegetarian Indian restaurants in Baltimore. Finding a vegetarian restaurant can be difficult, especially if you want to cut down on the meat and fat. There are a few alternatives to eat healthy in Baltimore Indian-style, minus the flesh. This new meatless flavor still tantalizes to the senses to appreciate oriental cuisine.
- The Yabba Pot is an excellent veggie Indian restaurant. This restaurant is guaranteed to make the mouths of even meat-loving carnivores water. The chefs have a unique skill in preparing vegetarian food which savors very closely to meat. So what’s cooking in the Yabba Pot? Curry spinach salad, chick-un pasta salad (a customer favorite), royal seaweed salad, vegan ‘fish’ filet, veggie burger, BBQ tofu wrap, veggie quesadillas, and much more. Location: 771 Washington Blvd, Baltimore, Maryland. Tel: (410) 962-TOFU
- Akbar Restaurant is a great veggie Indian restaurant, although it diversifies its cooking with chicken, lamb, and beef dishes. They offer exquisite vegetarian alternatives for those who prefer them. Akbar present vegetarian specialties, rice specialties, seafood specialties (for semi-vegetarians and pesco-vegetarians), salad dishes, veggie soups, Indian bread and desserts and a steady stream of beverages so that by the time you’re done eating, you would have already canceled that trip to Delhi, India. Kheer, rasmalai, kulfi, vegetable Biryani are some noteworthy delights. Location: 823 N Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201 Tel: (410) 539-0944
- The Indian Tandoor is another veggie Indian restaurant in Baltimore, where you can acquire and eat tasteful veggie-style dishes. This restaurant has opened an online ordering option for customers who can’t get there or who’d prefer to just lay back at home and eat. Nothing wrong with that. They cater to not only meat-eaters but also to the vegetarian. You can choose from the vegetarian combination (alu jeera masala, chili paneer, or vegetable korma), vegetarian salads, rice dishes or tandoori breads such as paratha or naan. Location: 2101 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218 Tel: (410) 468-0969
- Indian Delight is a veggie Baltimore-situated Indian restaurant where you can eat veggie without regretting it. Indian Delight serves a range of vegetarian appetizers, soup dishes, veggie main course specialties, seafood and beverages. Examples of vegetarian specialties are Bengan Bharta, Malai Kofta, Chana Masala, Aloo Gobi, and many more. Location: 622 Frederick Road, Catonsville, MD (410) 744-4422
- Kumari Restaurant is an Indian veggie restaurant which odorizes the Baltimore air with pure Indian gastronomy. Indian vegetarian entrees, rices, salads, soups, and sea-foods are at your disposal. For orders $16 and above, your food can be delivered to you. Location: 911 N Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. Phone: (410)-547-1600
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.