Here are 5 vintage watch repair tips. Vintage watch repair can be relatively easy and hassle-free if you follow at least five tips. Vintage watches aren't appealing to some, but many adore vintage watches. They are mostly made meticulously and with great attention to detail. Some of them are still able to work decades after they were made. If you are lucky enough to have a vintage timepiece and you would like to repair it, here are five tips that will help the process go as smoothly as possible.
- Perform as much research on the vintage watch as possible. It may sound cliche, but knowledge is power. You have a better chance of repairing the watch without error if you have background on it. Don't just research the company that made it. Look for information of the style of the watch, how it works, and what mechanisms are inside the watch. Researching online is one of the easiest ways, but make sure you look on credible websites such as those by people who repair vintage watches and vintage watch companies.
- Determine the age of your watch. The age of the watch may determine what mechanisms are inside. It will also tell you if certain parts were discontinued or banned from being manufactured. You can try to age it yourself while doing research or go to a vintage watch specialist.
- Use the right tools. A hammer shouldn't be anywhere near you when attempting to repair a vintage watch. Use supplies such as tweezers, dull knives, screwdrivers, and a magnifying glass.
- Replace the battery. The only thing that may be wrong with your vintage watch is that the battery needs to be replaced. Before discarding the battery, determine what type it is and search online or at your nearest watch shop for a replacement.
- Consult with a professional. Sometimes the watch is so rare or complex that only a trained profession can repair it. You don't want to damage your watch and decrease its value or usefulness, so it may be best to invest in a repair consultation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …