5 Walking Treadmill Workouts
Walking on a treadmill is a great way to stay in shape no matter the weather and the time of day and here are 5 walking treadmill workouts to get you started. Walking on a treadmill is easy to do. All you need to do these workouts are a good pair of sneakers and basic workout gear; no special equipment is needed. The display provides great feedback and an easy way to watch your progress.
- Timed. If you’re starting out, setting a timer is the easiest way to measure your goals and progress for walking on the treadmill. Each week you should be increasing the time you’re walking on the treadmill by ten percent.
- Incline. When walking on the treadmill for a workout, you can intensify your treadmill workout by walking at an incline of five percent or more. Walking on a treadmill while it is on an incline is a workout that will tone you legs and increase your fitness.
- Backwards. Walking backwards on a treadmill is a great way to work different muscle groups. Trying this outside can be dangerous without someone to watch for cars. Try doing this workout on a treadmill at a slow pace to work on your balance.
- Multitask. Walk on the treadmill while you’re watching SportCenter or one of your other favorite shows. Before you know it, you have watched your favorite show and walked off last night’s beer and cheeseburger.
- Random. Most modern treadmills have a random setting. When you are bored with all of your preplanned treadmill workouts and just want to walk, why not try one of the preprogrammed workouts? This is the best option at the end of a long day when you don’t have the creativity to set up a specific treadmill workout.
If you keep doing any of these workouts, you will be able to stay in shape and maintain your treadmill walking workout program no matter what the weather is like outside. Put on your shoes and get started!