5 Watches That Monitor Heart Rate
Exercising is an important part of staying healthy, and any one of these 5 watches that monitor heart rate can be of assistance in determining the level of workout that you are achieving. Knowing if your heart rate has reach your target zone during a workout lets you know if you need to pick up the pace or slow down.
- Polar FT60 Heart Rate Monitor Watch. This watch does it all. It provides an accurate heart rate that is easy to read along with total calories burned during the workout. This is considered a top-of-the-line heart rate monitor and this is reflected in the price.
- Polar F6 Heart Rate Monitor Watch. This watch is great for cyclists or anyone who finds it difficult to stop their workout to read the heart rate monitor watch. It has an alarm that sounds when the heart rate reaches the maximum level of your target zone. The sound is a warning to let you know that you should slow down the pace of your workout.
- Timex Personal Trainer Heart Rate Monitor Watch T5G971. Heart rate monitor watches can be inexpensive. An affordable alternative is the Timex Personal Trainer. It provides the basics that are needed for an accurate and reliable heart rate reading but does not provide the “extras” that other models offer.
- Omron Heart Rate Monitor Watch HR-100C. Another inexpensive watch that provides accurate readings. It offers an over-the-target zone alarm but does not have a calorie burning feature. This is an excellent value for the money.
- Suunto Heart Rate Monitor Watch T4C. A heart rate monitor watch that lets you pre-program a five day workout. The watch will make adjustments for your workout should you miss a workout during the five day period. Normal displays include the calories burned, the average heart rate, and your current heart rate. This watch has a lot of extra features not found in many other models.