5 Ways To Break Up With Your Girlfriend
The five ways to break up with your girlfriend aren't easy. But once you begin the process, the break up should flow naturally. However, making a wrong move or saying the wrong thing, can create an unwanted tension. Try to keep things kind and gracious, as well as, respectful.
- Make sure she knows that you're being honest. There is a fine line between being honest and being brutally honest. Let her know first thing that you only want to be honest with her about how you're feeling about the relationship. If she wants to know if it's something she did, you can tell her. Just make sure that you tell her graciously. For each negative point you make, try to give her a positive point as well.
- Break up in person. It's tacky and unfair to break up via Facebook, text message or email. That's a coward's way out. Unless you are in a long distance relationship, there is no excuse. Breaking up in person allows her to know that you respect her enough to do it in person, that you care enough about her and that you are brave enough as well.
- Do it sooner rather than later. Once you know you want to end it, do it right away. Waiting too long can result in resentment, bitterness, cheating and ultimately, puts you both in a sour relationship. Making sure to end if before that point is the healthiest way to do it.
- Listen to what she has to say. She could offer some great insight that you never thought about with your relationship. She could teach you something about yourself that you can take with you to your next relationship. This is just a small window that you can use to show her the respect she needs.
- Do it in private. Parks are usually a great place to break up. Set her down on a bench and let her down gently. If it's at your place, she may want to linger. If it's at her place, she has the power to kick you out. Neither of the aforementioned areas lets leaving be a choice. At least in a semi-private/public setting, there are ways to carry on your conversation without screaming.