5 Ways To Prevent Premature Ejaculation
Learning five ways to prevent premature ejaculation is your first step toward a healthy, fulfilling sex life. You and your partner will be able to enjoy a more satisfying sexual experience if your premature ejaculation can be prevented. This type of problem is nothing to be embarrassed about, and with the right strategies, premature ejaculation can be prevented.
- Take medication. If your premature ejaculation is being caused by an imbalance of serotonin and dopamine, then you should take a prescription medication to correct this imbalance and prevent premature ejaculation.
- Relieve tension. To prevent premature ejaculation, you may need to relieve tension and stress in your body and mind. Regular massages and taking time to relax each day can help. Also, limiting the amount of emotional stress you feel each day can also prevent premature ejaculation.
- Learn your sexual response cycle. The cycle starts with sexual excitement and arousal. Once stimulated, plateau and orgasm occur, followed by the resolution stage. Focus on staying in the plateau stage longer to prevent premature ejaculation. This could involve limiting your sexual thoughts and suppressing the amount of arousal you feel.
- Practice Kegel exercises. Kegel exercises can help prevent premature ejaculation because they strengthen your PC muscles, which control the ejaculatory response. The exercise involves tightening and releasing this muscle, which you can feel when you stop urinating mid-stream.
- Have strategic intercourse. Instead of inserting your penis and thrusting rapidly, start with very short thrusts or almost none at all. Move as slowly as possible. If you feel ejaculation coming, stop moving until the feeling passes. These same techniques can be used during masturbation.