Looking for 5 Weight Watchers points recipes to keep you moving forward in your Weight Watchers diet? Here are some quick, yummy Weight Watchers point recipes that will help you melt the pounds away while still having great tasting, satisfying meals.
To make a Weight Watchers 5 point recipe for breakfast, try the sour cream coffee cake. You will need:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup of low fat buttermilk
- 4 2/3 cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange zest
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a seven by eleven-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the egg, oil and sugar in a bowl. Whisk until it is a pale yellow, then whisk in the sour cream and buttermilk.
- In another bowl, mix four cups of the flour, the baking powder and the cinnamon. Add the egg mixture. Pour into a dish. Combine the brown sugar, orange zest, butter, and the rest of the flour. Mix until crumbly with your hands and sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes. This Weight Watchers points recipe makes 24 slices at 225 calories a serving and has a five Weight Watchers points value.
To make a Weight Watchers strawberry orange smoothie, you will need:
- 2 cups of hulled strawberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup of honey
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- Take the ingredients and pulse in the blender until smooth.
- Add ten ice cubes and pulse the mixture until the ice is crushed. This Weight Watchers points recipe is 205 calories, with a points value of three.
To make a Weight Watchers cucumber dip, you will need:
- A large cucumber
- One cup of plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- A teaspoon of dried dill
- Peel a large cucumber, cut long ways, and scrape out the seeds. Shred the cucumbers through a food processor, place in a colander and sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt.
- Press out as much water as possible. Place in a bowl and mix with plain yogurt, the sour cream and the dill.
- Chill and serve with veggies or bread sticks. This dip has a Weight Watchers points value of two.
To make this Weight Watchers pasta recipe, you will need:
- A pound of cavatelli pasta
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 5 cloves of sliced garlic
- 3 peeled, chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped basil
- A pinch of salt and red pepper
- Cook a pound of cavatelli pasta according to the package directions. Drain and keep warm.
In the meantime, heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet. Add one chopped onion, five cloves of sliced garlic, three peeled, chopped and seeded tomatoes, half a cup of chopped basil and a pinch of salt and red pepper.
- Cook until the tomatoes are broken down, creating a sauce. This takes about twenty minutes. This Weight Watchers points recipe makes four servings at 250 calories, with a points value of six.
To make a Weight Watchers grilled potato skin, you will need:
- One large Idaho potato
- Olive oil spray
- A handful of low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooked vegetables of your choice
- Take an Idaho baked potato and stab it with a fork all around. Put it in the microwave for five minutes. When finished, allow to cool enough to handle. Slice down the middle and hull out the flesh, leaving about a quarter-inch-thick wall.
- Spray the potato skins on both sides with oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grill them flesh-side-down for about four minutes. Turn and fill with a handful of low-fat shredded cheese and cooked veggies, and grill an additional five minutes. This Weight Watchers points recipe has 195 calories and three Weight Watchers points.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.