Hank Moody, the lead character in the TV series"Californication" had a way with words, as you can see from these 5 wise Hank Moody quotations. Skillfully played by David Duchovny, Hank Moody is a writer with a love for the ladies, making for a very complicated personal life. He tries to juggle work, fatherhood and a black book full of willing women. Hank Moody is full of advice, so here is some of his best.
- "All right, so at the end of the day if you could do anything else, telemarketing, pharmaceutical sales, or ditch digging, major league umpire…I would suggest that you do that because being a writer blows. It's like having homework every day for the rest of your life."
- "I have found that the back tatt is the watermark of the promiscuous."
- Radio Show Host: What's your latest obsession? Hank Moody: Just the fact that people seem to be getting dumber and dumber. You know, I mean we have all this amazing technology and yet computers have turned into basically four figure wank machines. The internet was supposed to set us free, democratize us, but all it's really given us is Howard Dean's aborted candidacy and 24 hour a day access to kiddie porn. People. They don't write anymore, they blog. Instead of talking, they text, no punctuation, no grammar: "LOL" this and "LMFAO" that. You know, it just seems to me it's just a bunch of stupid people pseudo-communicating with a bunch of other stupid people at a proto-language that resembles more what cavemen used to speak than the King's English.
- "I'm never really all that interested, but I find myself telling her how beautiful she is anyway. 'Cause it's true, all women are, in one way or another. You know, there's always something about every damn one of you, it's a smile, a curve, a secret. You ladies really are the most amazing creatures, my life's work."
- "Now look, hey, I am very well aware that I don't always set the best example, but you guys are entirely too young to be messing around with this stuff. You know it's true what they say about pot, it's very much a gateway drug. And it can be a gateway to some pretty cool things, but it can also lead to poverty, despair, stunted adolescence, man breasts."