If you’re having children over and need to know which Disney movies to stay clear of, here are the 5 worst Disney movie songs. Avoid the following songs at all costs because of their sappy lyrics and low musical quality. Once they get in your head, good luck getting them out.
- “When I See an Elephant Fly” This song is taken from “Dumbo” and is on the list mostly for its extremely racist elements. Jim Crow leads a group of other crows who manage to fulfill all sorts of horrible black stereotypes. The singing for this worst Disney movie song is loud, bellowing and quickly becomes annoying.
- “You’ll Be in My Heart” The weak Phil Collins song is featured in “Tarzan.” This track is one of the worst Disney movie songs because of its saccharine lyrics, its forced performance by Collins, and the fact that the song’s tone doesn’t match up with a movie about a jungle man.
- “Topsy Turvy” This forgettable song is performed in Disney’s bomb, “The Hunchback of Notre Dame.” As one of the worst Disney movie songs, the music is chaotic and simply revolves around one repeating chorus: “Topsy Turvy.” Those two words grow old very quickly. It doesn’t help that while the song plays, the movie weakly tries to explore stereotypes of gypsies, “loose” women and the handicapped.
- “Someday My Prince Will Come” The movie “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” may be an old classic, but much of the movie comes off as dated and sexist now. The voice of Snow White singing this song is extremely whiny. She sappily sings too long about waiting forever for a Prince to come and magically fix her life. Grumpy got things right when he responded to this worst Disney movie song with, “Mush!”
- “El Dorado” This song from “The Road To El Dorado” movie fails to take advantage of Elton John’s musical talents. From a bizarre techno opening to horrible, monotonous vocals, this worst Disney movie song is almost laughable. It doesn’t help that the movie is actually worse than its theme song.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.