If you only adore young black female singers, there are 5 young black female singers that you should know about. People might think that they are older due to their voices and appearances. The interesting fact is that they are all under 30!
- Ciara. She is a great singers who is also an excellent dancer. Ciara started her singing career when she was eighteen. Even though she is only 24 years of age, she has won multiple music awards in the past years. In 2005, she was the winner of BET Awards Best Collaboration for "1, 2 Step". Ciara was twice the winner of ASCAP Pop Music Awards including Song of the Year for "Like You" in 2007.
- Lil Mama. Just like Ciara, she is another female singer who can dance. Lil Mama became a singer at the age of seventeen. Nevertheless, this twenty year old has been twice the winner of Teen Choice Awards. The first one was the Choice Summer Song: "Lip Gloss" in 2007. The second one was the Choice Rap/Hip-Hop Track: "Shawty Get Loose" in 2008.
- Rihanna. She began her singing career when she was seventeen. As of today, Rihanna has release five albums. Although this sexy female singer is only 22, she has worked with numerous famous Hip Hop, Rap and R&B singers. Rihanna has also won multiple music awards. She's the three time the winner of at the American Music Awards. The first one was the Favorite Female Artist – Soul R&B in 2007. She was honored with two more awards in 2008: Favorite Female Artist – Soul R&B and Pop/Rock.
- Fantasia. This year old Black female singer started out her singing career as the American Idol winner in 2004. In 2004, Fantasia was the winner of the Billboard Music Award Top Selling Single of the Year "I Believe". In 2005, she received NAACP Image Award Outstanding Female Artist. In 2007, Fantasia was honored with a Broadway.com Award for Favorite (Female) Replacement for her work in "The Color Purple".
- Leona Lewis. Although this 25 year old started her career in 2007, she has won multiple music awards. Leona is currently working on her third album which will be released in Summer 2011. She is getting more recognition in the States nowadays.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.