Who are the 5 youngest billionaires ever? Not too long ago the world's wealthiest people either inherited wealth, earned it over many years or decades, and were at least middle aged . The new generation of billionaires are not only younger, they also earned their wealth over a much shorter period than the previous generation.
- Mark Zukerberg. At 25, Mark is the youngest billionaire on the globe; he has a net worth of $4 billion. Mark is the co-founder and CEO of Facebook, which he and his partner created while attending Harvard University.
- Prince Albert von Thurn und Taxis. Albert is also 25 years old, he is a German Prince; his net worth is $2.1 billion. Prince Albert of Thurn and Taxis' wealth comes from his technology company, and over 74,000 acres of woodland in Germany.
- Sergey Brin. The 36 year old Sergey has a net worth of $17.5 billion. Sergey is co-founder of the number one Internet search engine, Google. He was working towards his PHD at Stanford University when he came up with the idea for Google.
- John Arnold. At 21 years of age, John was an oil trader at ENRON. After leaving ENRON, John founded his own company; Centaurs, and began trading energy. Almost immediately, John diversified into hard assets; storage facilities and power plants. John has a net worth of more than $4 billion.
- Larry Page. The 37 year old Page has a net worth of $17.5 billion. Larry is co-founder of the Google search engine which he and his partner Sergey Brin started in a garage in 1998. Larry is head of Google's product division.
Note: 4 of the 5 youngest billionaires ever are self made billionaires.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.