Many people in their 30s are still in school, but these 5 youngest CEOs are already shaking things up. The following five CEOs are all under 40 years old as of 2010. Some are even younger, one isn't ever legal. Read about the five youngest CEOs below:
- Matthew McCauley. McCauley (38 in 2010) is the young CEO of Gymboree. Gymboree is an international children's clothing store with over 900 locations. McCauley previously worked for other clothing companies and was then hired as the Director of Allocation, when he began working for Gymboree in 2001.
- James Scott. Scott is the young CEO of Princeton Corporate Solutions. He is a strategist for global leaders, special interest groups, and politicians. He also works on economic policies and free trades issues.
- Michael Rubin. This youngest CEO has been working since he was 13 years old. Rubin has been the CEO of GSI Commerce since he was 34 years old (38 in 2010). GSIC is an e-commerce company that started by selling sporting goods and has now expanded into a virtual shopping center. Rubin provides the company strategy, sales, and corporate development.
- Harry Vafias. Vafias is a young CEO who holds the position of CEO and President of StealthGas in Athens, Greece. Vafias is only 32 years old as of 2010. Stealthgas StealthGas provides seaborne transportation of petroleum, butane, propylene and others. StealthGas was ranked number one in 2010 in owned vessels.
- Suhas Gopinath. Gopinath is the youngest CEO as of 2010. Gopinath is the founder and CEO of Globals Inc. who started at only 14 years old. Gopinath, 17 years old as of 2010, is from India and says that his main influence is Bill Gates. He hopes to attend Stanford University to study business and expand his formal education.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.