7 Continents In The World
The 7 continents in the world are land masses that every person should be able to recognize. Some people hold the goal of visiting and exploring all the continents. Read on to learn more about these locations and decide if you want to do some traveling to the different regions.
- Africa This continent is located right on the equator. It is surrounded by many bodies of water, including the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. Famous destinations on this continent in the world are the Sahara Desert, the Savanna and Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Antarctica Located along the South Pole, this continent in the world is completely covered in ice. Antarctica touches the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans. The continent holds no permanent residents, but scientists are continually stationed on the continent for research purposes.
- Asia The largest continent in the world, Asia holds the majority of the world’s population. The continent also includes the island countries of Taiwan and Japan. Asia is surrounded by the Pacific, Arctic and Indian Oceans.
- Australia This continent in the world is the smallest. It’s the sixth largest country, however, and lies completely in the Southern hemisphere. The continent contains temperate coastal areas as well as the Outback desert.
- Europe This continent in the world contains both the smallest city, the Vatican and the largest city, Russia. The continent’s inhabitants are extremely diverse and popular destinations include Italy, France, England and Germany. The continent is surrounded by a number of oceans, including the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea.
- North America This continent of the world is the third largest and holds the United States, along with other countries like Mexico and Canada. The continent rests in the Northwestern Hemisphere and is surrounded by the Pacific, Atlanti, and Arctic Oceans, as well as the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea.
- South America The majority of this continent of the world rests in the Southwestern Hemisphere. The continent contains countries including Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Venezuela. It is attached to North America and surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean Sea and the Pacific Ocean.