If you have been looking for an abs workout for wrestling, you will find that there are many different workouts available each claiming their fame towards a positive outcome. Wrestlers need to train on a daily basis. Besides abs workout, they need to maintain a healthy balanced diet which will ensure optimal performance and health. Here is a good abs workout protocol to follow:
- Upper abdominal exercises– Lie flat on your back with your hands positioned behind your head. Focus on contracting the abdominal muscles. Lift the shoulders up from the mat and curl the shoulders up and forward until your upper back lifts from the floor. When lifting the shoulders flex the abdominal muscles hard. Hold this position for around five seconds and then relax. Repeat this exercise ten times.
- Pelvic tilt– These exercised work the lower abdominal muscles. Lie flat on your back with your knees drawn up. Position your arm and feet wide apart. Lift your lower buttocks from the floor and hold for five seconds, than release. Repeat this exercise ten times
- Knees up– lie flat on the floor with your thighs perpendicular and feet off the floor. Curl the hips towards the lower spine in order to rotate the pelvis backwards. When doing this your knees should life upwards and you should feel the action taking place around the hip area. And to give your oblique’s a work out you can rotate the pelvis sideways.
- Oblique crunch– Lie on your left side with your left arm flat against the floor and your right arm behind your head. In order to take the pressure off your back, bend the knees upwards. Lift your right shoulder forward and crunch your oblique muscles. Hold this position for five seconds and release. Once you have completed this exercise five times on the left side, change over to your right side and repeat another five times.
- Twists– this exercise requires a bare bell or broom stick. Sit upright on the floor with your leg spread apart. Place the stick behind your neck and hold with both hands. Now twist from the left side to the right side using the waist only, use slow deliberate movements. You can also add light weights to the bare bell. This exercise is great for the side muscles.
- Cross crunch– Lay flat on the floor and bring your knees up. Then position your right leg across the left knee. Flex your abdominal muscles before beginning the exercise. Now lift and aim your right elbow towards your left knee while you continue to flex your muscles and breathe out slowly. Hold the position for five seconds. Repeat five times. Change to the other side.
In addition you can also add exercises such as rock climbing, stick wrestling, strongman training and others. You will need to choose abs exercises that are best suited to your height and weight. All the above exercises are guaranteed to give you a thorough workout and at the same time build your body muscles. These killer full body workouts will have you feeling, performing and looking great in no time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.