Acai Berry Weight Loss
Proponents claim the acai berry weight loss diet will help you lose weight in addition to decreasing inflammation, improving metabolism, decreasing the risk of cancer and improving the immune system. The acai berry is a nutrient-rich fruit that grows in the South American rainforests. It tastes like a mix of chocolate and wild berries. According to WebMD, the acai berry contains antioxidants that scour free radicals from cells, and may be beneficial in the fight against cancer and heart disease. The acai berry does not need to be eaten in raw form. You can purchase acai berry tablets, acai berry juices, energy drinks or other products.
Things you need to follow the acai berry weight loss diet:
- Balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables and lean protein
- Acai berry supplements; 500 mg
- Eat a balanced diet with all the food groups. Go easy on the bread intake. Use an online calculator to find out how many calories you need to sustain your body weight, and eat 500 calories less than that number per day. You need to burn 3,500 calories to lose one pound. Reducing your caloric intake by 500 calories a day should help you lose a pound a week.
- Exercise five times a week for 1/2 hour. Exercise will burn additional calories and increase your metabolism to help you lose additional weight and keep you fit. Most health-care professionals recommend a form of aerobic exercise such as running. Playing a sport like tennis keeps you active and burns calories. If you're not into running or sports, you can try walking briskly for at least a half hour five times a week.
- Take the acai berry supplements. Take one 500 mg tablet twice a day for a total of 1,000 mg daily. They can be taken with or without food. The supplements should support your immune system and increase your metabolism to aid in weight loss.
The bottom line is to be careful about whatever you purchase that claims to be an acai berry weight loss miracle diet. While the acai berry may be a beneficial part of an over-all healthy living routine, it will not be a quick fix way to lose weight.