Activate Iphone Without Sim
You may need to know how to activate an iPhone without Sim if you just purchased a used iPhone. When you do this you will actually be telling the phone to avoid the activation screen that is the phones default screen and to go directly to being a mobile phone that is wi-fi enabled. This is often referred to as jailbreaking. There are a few different software programs that are free of charge that you can get online. Two of them are Pwnage and the other is redsn0w. These programs help you to jailbreak your iPhone.
Things you will need to activate an iPhone without Sim:
- iPhone without a Sim card
- Software program from redsn0w or pwnage
- Computer with internet access
- Wi-fi access
- Go to the redsn0w website or free program of your choice and download the software onto your computer. Install the software.
- Go to the file manager and find the iPhone firmware. Look under “Documents and Settings\[yourname]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates.” The “yourname” should be replaced with your login name for Windows. Look for the file that ends in .ipsw for the file extension. To activate an Iphone without Sim this is necessary to locate.
- Copy the firmware file that you installed redsn0w to. Paste the firmware file on the "redsn03.exe" icon. If you chose another software you will paste the firmware file onto that software icon. This will activate an iPhone without sim.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer when the software gives you the prompt.
- Press and hold the "Home" button and the "Power" button for 10 seconds.
- Continue to press the Home button but let up on the Power button. Hold the home button for 30 seconds or until the phone indicates it is properly connected.
- Hold down the "Power" and "Home" buttons for 10 seconds.
- Press the "Enter" button when you get to the Command Prompt after about 10 minutes you will have activated an iPhone without sim.