Adele Make You Feel My Love Lyrics
Adele's "Make You Feel My Love" lyrics come from a song that was originally written by Bob Dylan on his album "Time Out of Mind." There have been quite a few remakes of this song, including remakes from Billy Joel and Garth Brooks. This version by Adele was released on her album "19." Adele is an English singer whose album "19" debuted at No. 1 the first week. She received four Grammy nominations for her album and five stars from "The Guardian." Adele got her first break with XL Recordings after they heard her three demo songs posted on a MySpace page. Her style is very soulful and bluesy. These Adele "Make You Feel My Love" lyrics stay true to the blues and soul sound with which Bob Dylan first performed them.
- "When the rain is blowing in your face / And the whole world is on your case." Who hasn't had that kind of day? She starts with lyrics that are immediately relateable.
- "I could offer you a warm embrace / To make you feel my love." She's letting it be known that her love is there for the long haul.
- "When the evening shadows and the stars appear / And there is no one there to dry your tears." Maybe not tears literally. The feeling, though, that you're alone is a hard way to walk through life.
- "I could hold you for a million years / To make you feel my love." Wow. A million years? Hopefully it wouldn't take a million years for him to feel her love.
- "I know you haven't made your mind up yet / But I would never do you wrong." This is where it starts getting a little stalkerish. Only a little, though.
- "I've known it from the moment that we met / No doubt in my mind where you belong." It's either stalker or maybe just love at first sight. It does happen.
- "I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue / I'd go crawling down the avenue." These are the sacrifices she's willing to make. Willingness to even sacrifice pride which can be the biggest stumbling block for most new couples.
- "No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do / To make you feel my love." She's committed to this love. It's nice in that there's no doubt. No game playing.
- "The storms are raging on the rolling sea / And on the highway of regret." Many regret not making themselves as clear and upfront about their feelings. The term "if only," stinks.
- "Though winds of change are throwing wild and free / You ain't seen nothing like me yet." She's one of a kind. Aren't we all? This is what keeps the song relateable.
- "I could make you happy, make your dreams come true." Careful. Only one person can make themselves happy or their dreams come true. Don't put that on yourself.
- "Nothing that I wouldn't do / Go to the ends of the Earth for you / To make you feel my love." A good old fashioned love song. She makes herself and her feelings clear. No shame. No excessive pride involved. Sometimes you have to be straight up.