Some advanced paintball tips and tricks might be easier to implement than you realize. The next time you go out for a nice paintball game with your buddies, you’ll be able to amaze, shock and dominate them with these advanced tactics. The more tips and tricks you try out, the more successful you’re likely to be at paintball.
- Dress the part. When participating in a paintball game, it’s important to keep yourself scarce. Whether you’re plating one on one or as part of a team, you want to do everything you can to hide from your opponents. For example, if the paintball game is taking place in a densely wooded area, wear camouflage clothing that will help disguise you amongst the greens and browns. However, if there are no leaves and the woods are covered in snow, opt for white paintball clothes.
- Pay attention to your opponents’ skills. This will help you maneuver in the paintball field. Overconfidence and cocky shooting are deathtraps in paintball. As a more advanced paintball player, you need to not only recognize, but seek out the skills, talents and abilities of your opponents. Only then can you use them to your advantage and avoid a loss.
- Know your own skills and use them wisely. This is an especially important advanced paintball tip when playing as a member of a team. For example, if you’re the best shooter, plant yourself at a high vantage point and act as the sniper. However, if you’re the fastest runner, get out into the field and start seeking out players from the opposing team.
- Move when necessary. Sometimes, you might be in a position where you need to keep mostly still, such as the sniper position. However, if you’re being ambushed or see opposing players headed your way, get up and get moving. One key to advanced paintball is being on the move whenever necessary and moving as quickly as possible.
- Walk lightly. When moving during a paintball game, you need to be moving quickly. However, this can sometimes mean that you’re moving more noisily than you should be. Noisy walking will tell your opponents exactly where you are and give them the opportunity to take you off guard. Practice walking swiftly but lightly, making as little noise as possible.
- Look in all directions. In paintball, it’s easy to develop tunnel vision. You know where you need to go, and you stay focused on getting there. While focus is good, too much in one spot can mean your defeat. Be aware of your surroundings and look all around as you move, including up.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.