Advanced Wrestling Exercises
Advanced wrestling exercises can help even a professional wrestler improve their strength, speed and agility. When you use these wrestling exercises, you will be helping yourself become a better wrestler. Better wrestlers are much more likely to win matches and competitions, so start incorporating these advanced wrestling exercises into your routine right now.
- Wrestling Stance The wrestling stance should be a huge part of your advanced wrestling training. The exercise involves getting into the stance, holding the position and moving around the mat as if an opponent is cornering you in various places. This teaches you to hold the stance during an actual wrestling match.
- Walking Lunges Walking lunges are a great advanced wrestling exercise because they can work out both your legs and your arms. Hold a few moderately heavy weights in each hand and start the walking lunges. Get as low to the ground as you can. As you move forward, do some bicep curls with the weight.
- Clap Push Up This is an exceptionally challenging advanced wrestling exercise that gives you an excellent upper body workout. Upper body strength is extremely important to overtake your opponent during a wrestling match. As you come up during a standard push-up, lift your arms off the ground and clap in front of you.
- Jump rope Jump roping isn’t just for little girls. It’s an extremely intense full body workout that can give wrestlers incredible results. As you start to jump rope, increase your speed. Get as fast as you can without tripping over the rope. The combination of strength, dexterity and focus are everything a wrestler needs to develop to win.
- Resistance Drill This advanced wrestling exercise will require a partner. Basically, your wrestling partner is playing the role of your opponent. He should get on top of you while you’re on the ground in a submission position and put all his weight and force onto you. Then, you need to use your own force and strength to get out of the submission move and to your feet.