Advanced Wrestling Training Tips
These advanced wrestling training tips are good ways to start your wrestling training activities that will prepare you to a more strenuous training process in wrestling. One needs to build more muscles and extra strength to work out on their endurance in order to get fitter and better protection from injuries.
- Follow the Greco-Roman wrestling standards. This involves an advanced wrestling rule prohibiting the wrestler from grabbing the body of the opponent below the waist. It is vital for a wrestler to avoid kicking and tripping the opponent on the leg. Since advanced wrestling usually involves more stringent rules one should keep in mind the prohibitive rules in wrestling to avoid technical default or penalties.
- Maintain and monitor your health. It is alright to work out extensively to achieve your goal but always ensure to undergo thorough and constant medical examination and properly monitor your weight and performance. This is important to meet the requirements for the weight division you want to join and to keep your body in good condition at all times.
- Observe the wrestling rules to avoid technicalities. The opponent gains an advantage if a wrestler is accumulating failure from wrong techniques and gestures. Each faulty movement will mean a point favorable to the opponent and translates a great disadvantage for the wrestler in every round. In the same way, the wrestler has the advantage if he knows the right techniques in order to gain control of the opponent. Advanced wrestling training must familiarize you with the right movements and gestures for your own benefit.
- Perform exercises to get to the desired weight. There are weight requirements for one to be an eligible player for advanced wrestling. This ensures that the body has enough capability to wrestle with an opponent. This category also makes the wrestling game fair so that people having the same range of weight will be the ones who will have the sparring. The weight classes for men consist of 55kg, 60 kg, 66kg, 74 kg, 85kg, 96kg and 120kg. Women wrestlers have weight classes of 48kg, 51kg, 55kg, 59kg, 63kg, 67kg and 72kg.
- Do not execute a double nelson. This advanced wrestling technique includes gaining control of the opponent by grabbing the opponent’s head and neck with arms then circling the armpits in these parts. This is dangerous and was already outlawed as part of the game because of the injuries and accidents caused by this type of wrestling maneuver.
- Grapple with another wrestler as often as possible. Performing the movements that you already know again and again works to your advantage since you can master those that are not familiar to you and you can enhance those that you are already good at. Always remember that practice makes perfect. This also provides the necessary stamina, strength and endurance for better preparation for the game.